Born in 14 September 1980, Giza
June 2002 obtained the degree of Bachelor of Arts, Sections of Archeology, Ain Shams University with “Very Good With Honor”.
April 2008 Obtained the Master’s degree on Coprology with “Excellent With Recommendation for Publishing the Master’s Thesis”
July 2008 till present a PhD candidate working on Coptic Ostraca and ancient Coptic Society.
March 2003--- July 2008 teaching assistant in Sub-department of Egyptology, Faculty of Arts- Ain shams Uni.
July 2008----present Assistant lecturer (mudares musa'ed) at the same department.
- Three courses with excellent in undergraduate stage in grammar, dialects and some biblical texts.
-Some lectures on grammar and some studies on unpublished texts (5 months) given by the American
Coptologist "Stephen Emmel" in AUC and ARCE , Egypt ( October 2005- February 2006)
- A part of Coptic course (grammar) by Prof. Leo Depuydt in Brown University, USA (April 2010)
Two general lectures on Coptic ostraca (with a certification) in Brown University, USA (April 2010)
-Sohair S. A. Ahmed, A Group of Unpublished Coptic Ostraca in the Cairo Museum, vol. I , two eds., Cairo 2008.
- ,Professions, Trades, Occupations and Titles in Coptic – alphabetically
(E-booklet) , Cairo 2009. To be republished as two articles in JCoptS 2010, 2011 (Belgium)
-Sohair S. A. Ahmed, "Four Coptic Ostraca from Kharga Museum", BullCPS XXVI, Cairo 2009.
- , "A Coptic Letter on Potsherd", BSAC XLVIII, Cairo (2009)
- , "A Coptic Ostracon", BSAC XLVIII, Cairo (2009)
- , "A Coptic letter from El-hesn", BSAC XLVIV, Cairo 2010 (in press)
," Who is "ca,o"? a paper for the symposium of the life of Copts during Christian era, Alex.
A member of:
International Association for Coptic studies (IACS)
La Societe d´Archeologie Copte (SAC)
Presentation(s) for Sohair S. A. Ahmed :